Saturday 10 November 2012

Marc Marquez (Biography)

MarcMarquez93 Biografía


Marc Márquez
Date of Birth: 17/02/1993
Place of Birth: Cervera (Lleida)
Nationality: Spanish

Hi everybody,
In these few lines I’d like to tell you a bit about myself and the path that led me to the World Championship, which was riddled with hard and difficult times, but also full of fun and wonderful moments I will treasure forever. Bikes and sports have always been my life…
I was born on 17 February 1993 in Cervera, a village in Catalonia, quite close to the town of Lleida, just one hour drive from Barcelona. I really loved bikes, and I got my first one when I was only four, as a present from my parents, Roser and Julià. I have a younger brother, Alex, who is also really into bikes, and I hope that one day he will be in the World Championship too.

MarcMarquez93 Biografía
I started with an enduro bike and in 2001 I won the Catalan title, which boosted my motivation for the future. Step by step I started trying different two-wheel sports and when I realised that in the off-road I was even faster, I asked myself “why not trying?”. I made my debut in 2002 and ended up in third position of the Catalan Championship.
MarcMarquez93 BiografíaThe year after, I won the Open Racc 50 and in 2004 I met Emilio Alzamora and began my relation with the Monlau family, that always treated me like a son. Speed was becoming a serious matter in my life, and I was focusing all my efforts on it, enjoying every moment.
Together with my manager Emilio, I started as a rookie in 125cc and concluded the season as Catalan runner up after Pol Espargaró, but in 2005 and 2006 I got on top of the podium. When I was 15, I joined the CEV Championship (Spanish motorcycling Championship), and riding on KTM 125 FRR I had the opportunity to compete with some of the most promising riders.
During the same year, something extraordinary happened: I got the first victory of my record list. That was one of the most incredible moments of my career, being on top of the podium in Jerez, a circuit full of history and tradition. From that moment on, everything has been very fast.
In 2008 I made my debut as a rookie in the World 125cc Championship. Thanks to Emilio and the KTM Repsol Team, little by little I got used to the class and in Montmelo, the closest circuit to Cervera, I qualified among the first 10 riders. Just two weeks after, I reached the first podium of my life in a World Championship, in Donington Park. According to the records, I was 15 years and 126 days old at that time. Even though we are not racing anymore on that track, when I travel to England I always remember the great moments we shared with the team and my family there. In 2009 I made my second podium and my two first “pole positions”.
In 2010, my dreams came true and I became the World Champion. That was an incredible season with 10 victories and 12 poles. I will never forget that unbelievable weekend in Estoril, the day of the race was full of adrenaline and emotions. Winning the title was a unique moment, and I wish I could repeat the experience, nothing else could make me happier…

   “In 2010, my dreams came true and I became the World Champion. That was an incredible season with 10 victories and 12 poles”

MarcMarquez93 BiografíaSince last year, I am competing in the Moto2 World Championship, a new 600cc four-stroke class, which is really exciting given that all the bikes have the same power package. In 2011, despite some ups and downs, I finished off the season as a runner-up. I started with triple zero points, but could close the gap with the leader Stefan Bradl who gained the title and is now competing in MotoGP.
In Malaysia, when I was fighting for the title, I crashed out and could not compete neither that Sunday in Sepang, nor in Valencia for the last race of the season, so I finished off the championship in second position. For the year 2012, my challenge is going up one more step on the final podium…
(Source by MarcMarquez)

No comments:

Post a Comment